Backing up the database with phpMyAdmin 2.10.3
- Go to the dashboard of the base site, go to Tools menu on the side and select phpMyAdmin.
- Scroll to the top, click on the "export" button.
- On the next page in the "Structure" section check the 2 boxes: "Add DROP TABLE" and "Add IF NOT EXISTS"
- At the bottom make sure the "Save as File" box is checked.
- If the database is very large use some kind of compression method otherwise simply click, "Go" and the backup file will be downloaded and saved onto your local computer.
- The name of the backup is "database name.sql" since my database name is "blog" the backup was called, "blog.sql". The name of the database is perhaps the name of the directory that holds all of the files for the instance.
|Step 2: Scroll to the top and select the "Export" tab.|
|Steps 3 and 4: Check the additional boxes as described and shown above.|
Backing up the files in the database:
- Find the location of the directory that holds all of the database files on the server--my were in: /var/www/html/blog/.
- So then I downloaded them: scp -r username@ipaddressofserver:/var/www/html/blog ~/Desktop
- And 1,802 files later they were in the folder "blog" on my desktop!