- Followed instructions on: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/FatClients and used the .conf install.
- Since I already had a working LTSP server working I skipped step of creating one--seemed fine.
- Next made backup of /opt/ltsp/i386 with cp -r -p /opt/ltsp/i386 (into my Documents folder).
- Had to rename the current i386 to i386-thin
- Then did the install, just changing the option to install the edubuntu-desktop (from ubuntu-desktop).
- Seemed to work fine.
- Made the script file to ease of install of other programs into the fat client chroot.
- Installed htop and locate seemed to work fine (sudo apt-get install htop, for example)
- Used the script and installed the loggerpro from http://www.vernier.com/soft/lpl/. Pretty much went fine, just some mime type error messages but should be ok.
- Then tried to install CmapTools--downloaded, changed .bin file to executable: sudo chmod +x, with another terminal window moved to the chroot then ran: ./LinuxCmapTools_v5.04.01_10-28-10.bin but it didn't work with familiar looking errors:
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
nawk: cmd. line:6: warning: escape sequence `\.' treated as plain `.'
Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.init(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
This Application has Unexpectedly Quit: Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)
- So anyway, looks like I'll have to use my old post to install this: http://groosd.blogspot.com/2009/07/install-cmaptools-in-chroot-for.html
- I'm going to try on Tuesday to copy lts.conf stuff from old chroot into this, also copy the resolv.conf stuff. And...?