- Download software on a computer within the district firewall.
- Use scp to transfer it to the server:
- scp /Users/admin/Desktop/LinuxCmapServer_v5.03.01_06-05-09.bin firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/dgroos/ (and it works!)
- This page tells how to export an x-session from a VE container through the internet: http://wiki.openvz.org/X_inside_VE
- I put the .bin file in /srv/ and set the permissions with: sudo chmod 755 LinuxCmapServer_etc.bin
- Then I run it by typing: sudo ./LinuxCmapServer_etc.bin and it works :)
Friday, June 11, 2010
This is a big one as I update CmapServer no more than 1 time a year.